Latest Bag Collections from Craze London Co UK

Craze London Bag Collections UK

10 Different Work Permit Options To Work In United Arab Emirates| work permit| MOHRE|

Wanna Work In The United Arab Emirates? 
Here Are The 10 Different Work Permit Options.


Whether you shifted to the United Arab Emirates for a job offer or are a school student who just landed their first job, everyone in the United Arab Emirates workforce needs to make sure that they have a work permit in place, issued by the right authority. For the private sector in the United Arab Emirates, if your company is on the mainland, this authority would be the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE).

Work permit options in UAE 2022

In two social media posts on their official channels, the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation informed users of the different types of work permits that it issues. These work permits offer flexible work choices to those looking for a job, from freelance work to temporary work. It is vital to note that these work permits need to be applied for by the establishment you are working with, except for the freelance permit, which can be applied for by the individual.

First category

The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE) has divided work permits into two categories, as per the posts by the Ministry. The first category of work permits includes the following:

1. Work permit (under the residence of relative permit)

This work permit applies to people whose residence visa is sponsored by a family member. In this case, the establishment will need to apply for a permit and not be the sponsor of the worker’s visa.

2. Juvenile work permit

This allows a person between the ages of 15-18 years to be employed at a registered establishment. Teenagers, who are looking to be employed at a private sector organization, would be required to provide written consent from their parents or any other guardian. Also, as per the United Arab Emirates Labor Law, certain other conditions need to be fulfilled if a company wants to apply for a juvenile work permit. It includes a reduced number of working hours, compared to an adult employee and the fact that juveniles can’t be employed for hard work or hazardous work. To read more about what the United Arab Emirates' new Labor Law – Federal Decree-Law No.33 of 2021 – says about employing juveniles in the workforce.

3. Student training and employment permit

A United Arab Emirates resident who is 15 years old and above can also be employed and trained at a registered establishment. According to the United Arab Emirates’ official government portal – – this permit is particularly for students who want to enroll in the private sector for training purposes and this training permit lasts for 3 months.

The training or employment of a juvenile also requires written consent from their guardian or parent.

Second Category

As per the Ministry’s posts, the second category of work permits is mentioned below::

4. Work permit (recruiting a worker from out of the State)

According to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE)’s online post, this work permit “... allows registered establishments to recruit an employee from outside the state”.

If you are coming to the United Arab Emirates for employment, the company or organization hiring you is need to apply for this specific work permit.

It is vital to note that the company hiring you is responsible for accomplishing all your hiring procedures, as per the United Arab Emirates Labor Law. It includes applying for your residence visa, obtaining the Emirates ID Card, medical testing, and Labor Card, and stamping the United Arab Emirates Residency Visa on your passport within sixty days of your arrival. All these amounts are paid for by the employer.

If a company doesn’t obtain a work permit for an employee, they’ll be sentenced to a fine of no more than Dh200,000 and no less than Dh50,000.

5. Transfer work permits

This permit allows expatriates to transfer from one company to another company. The company must be authorized by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE).

6. Freelance permit

This is the work permit you can apply for as an individual if you want to work independently. As per the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE), this permit is issued to individuals wishing to engage in self-employment without sponsorship from a specific employer in the United Arab Emirates or a valid employment contract.

7. Golden visa work permit

If you have a Golden Visa, you still need a work permit if you are employed by a United Arab Emirates-based company. On July 1, 2021, the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE) announced the start of issuing particular work permits for holders of Golden Visas.

The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE) clarified that the said permit is given in 3 cases. The first case is individuals who weren’t working at the time of getting the Golden Visa if they wanna work for an employer. The second case occurs when a current employer wants to renew the work permit and contract for the holders of the Golden Visa after the expiry of the work permit. The third case is when a Golden Visa holder joins another new job with another employer. 

8. Temporary work permit

One can have the choice of legally working with a new employer through a temporary work permit. It is a service provided by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE) to recruit a national or expatriate worker residing in the United Arab Emirates to carry out certain work within a period not exceeding six months.

9. One-mission permit

According to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE), a one-mission work permit is “... issued to a registered establishment wanting to recruit a worker from abroad to complete temporary work or a particular project for a specific time”.

10. Part-time work permit

With this work permit, an employee can work under a part-time labor contract. As of 2021, you are allowed to work for more than one employer without the approval of your original employer or any other, provided that the working hours are not less than 20 hours in a week.



No comments